Hydrospace offers a full range of pressure testing services.
We test everything from small flat windows to larger pressure vessels and large acrylic domes. With 15 years experience in PVHO window fabrication and ASME Pressure Vessel Hydrostatic testing, Hydrospace offers complete certification conformance according to ASME PVHO, ABS, and US CoastGuard requirements.
ASME PVHO-1 FORM VP5
HYDROSTATIC PRESSURE TEST CERTICATE
In most cases it is easy for clients to test the PVHO windows as part of the complete pressure vessel hydrostatic testing. In some cases, where this is not practical, HYDROSPACE provides a full range pressure testing services to ASME PVHO as well as ABS, GL, LR, or DNV rules.
ASME PVHO Testing Certification
All pressure vessels and acrylic windows must be pressure tested in accordance with the ASME PVHO-1 requirements. Complete pressure test requirements are described in the ASME PVHO-1 Manual in Section 2-7.
The basic rules are:
- Each window must be tested at least once before going into service
- The window is to be tested in the chamber, or in a test fixture with seat dimensions, retaining ring and seals identical to the chamber.
- The test can be done with gas or water
- The pressure is to be held at the design pressure for a minimum of 1 hour followed by a depressurization rate of less than 650 psi/minute.
- The temperature during the test shall be the design temperature for which the window is rated with a tolerance of +0/-5°F